January 21, 2008

Star sighting...

Had a little food, feeling a little better, but still too stupid to talk to people...sleepy, sleepy...

Said 'Hello. It's nice to see you" to George Romero and he said "Hello" and smiled back. I did get a photo of him.




Smiled and said "Hi" to Matthew Broderick, who looked me in the eye and smiled back as we passed in the doorway.

Mark Wynns introduced me to Danny Glover, and I got to shake his hand and say Hello. Told him I like the message and his performance in "Be Kind, Rewind". Thank God he didn't ask me if I liked the film, cause I'm honest to a fault about that. Dodged a bullet for sure on that one.

Went to the doc meet and greet and was mocked by all the festival deadlines passing me by...and my inability to get something to them in time for their programs to be printed. They all agreed that I was better off not sending them a rough cut though, as unless it was "earth-shattering", it would not be considered anyway. They all recommended I just wait and send it to other festivals in the summer and fall. Tell me something I don't know...or perhaps that I want to hear... ;)

Off to get tickets for my Mongolia film, and hopefully pass out and take a nap after that....I'm sure I won't get to sleep though since I keep running into people I know who want to grab a drink with me...

I'm burnt toast and it's only Monday....

No comments: