January 21, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Sunday, I slept in. I haven't been sleeping well or sleeping much long before I came to Sundance. My waking ours are spent with scenes from my doc floating through my head...quotes, comments, scenes, how they fit together, constantly playing tentris, so I when I woke up and felt like death warmed over, I went back to sleep.

I got up and JD & I went to a locals bar and watched the NFL playoffs.





Met two guys who joined us for the games. We had a blast. The bar was packed with football fans and the games were great. The Packers game was insane. I drank ketel one lemon drop shots and ate Mexican, then after the games we went for sake and sushi. Consumption overload for JD. He went to bed.

Somehow I managed to go to another movie- at friggin midnight. Jesus. I am truly delirious.

The Great Buck Howard.

The message was weak and I saw it coming a mile away, but I really like the performances. John Malkovich was brilliant as usual and Colin Hanks did an excellent job. Of course Tom Hanks had a throwaway role, but I have to admit I enjoyed the film. It was funny, but another example of a Sundance film this year that just didn't blow me away. Docs have been strong, but narratives have just been - OK.

Got home and went to bed at 2:30am, back up this morning at 7:15am for a movie. This is why I'm sleepy, sleepy.

No comments: